Google Translate

Thursday, February 21, 2013

It's been pointed out to me.....

That i hinted or outright said that i'm taking a vacation from China.  That's actually not the case.  I'm in Hong Kong trying to find my medication so that i can continue receiving my medication.  I'm here to explore the medical system.  I've done a tour of every pharmacy within walking distance, and none of them have the medication that i've been looking for.  i found that there's a clinic nearby and that i may be able to get a doctor's authorization, or perhaps he can point me in the right direction to get my shot.  i'm going there tomorrow morning to try to find out what i need to do, where i need to go, and how much it's going to cost me.  i needed to give myself 2 days before school starts.  the shot lasts for about 2 months, i'm 2 weeks overdue, mostly because i thought it was going to last for 3 to 4 months, and it's just not the case, apparently, it varies (i should have read the fine print).

i'm also required by my visa to leave china every 60 days for a period of not less than 24 hours, so, this should reset my clock, and i'll have another 2 months before i have to find somewhere to go, that should time out well with the medication, and if i can find the right doctor and clinic i should be able to set it up so that everything coincides properly.

i don't like to talk about my required medication as i don't like to dwell on it very much, i've never liked the fact that i am dependent on a drug for the rest of my life.  i am fortunate that this drug is apparently available everywhere in the world except the USA and Canada, and it is a much easier adjustment than the last medication was....much less invasive as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment